Kantar GroupIts new global study explores consumers’ ideas on digital out-of-home (DOOH), finding that they not only welcome DOOH into their environment, they find it innovative and informative.
The survey was conducted by Xaxis and Kinetic with 11,000 respondents from 11 countries, and showed DOOH’s perceptions on its own and compared them with other advertising channels.
In many key categories, the survey indicates that consumers around the world consider it to be equal to or even more than other popular channels, including TV, online video, and social media. They like, believe and engage with DOOH and it improves the environment around them, often offering a favorable assessment of DOOH compared to marketers.
Key insights include:
- + 50% say DOOH encouraged them to make a purchase there and then
- 63% of customers say it makes their trip more interesting
- + 77% describe DOOH as “very” or “quite” informative
- 53% say DOOH gave them all the information they needed to make a purchase
- DOOH is considered to be 50% more memorable than social media
- 37% say DOOH is entertaining, compared to only 21% who thought online advertising was entertaining.
Download Outdoor Anatomy