Company picnics are a time-tested way to celebrate your small business culture and the personalities behind your success. Also, company picnics highlight the commonalities within your group that connect them as outsiders to work-specific categories, jobs, and projects. With more employees working from home than last year, a company picnic is a lot more fun than ever. Summer air and outdoor events make everyone feel festive – also safe socializing in the fresh air. We have a simple company picnic idea to make your event fun and affordable. Check out these original company picnic activities and ideas for the best locations, meals, games and gifts.
Family fun not just employees?
One of the main considerations when looking at the company’s picnic ideas is to encourage your team to bring family, or leave the kids and Plus One at home. This decision affects the cost as well as the dynamics of the event. Some parents cannot wait for the opportunity to go alone, although the ability to be in the hands of children and husbands can increase attendance. The best way to make the right decision: Ask your employees through an anonymous poll using a free tool like Microsoft Outlook Form or SurveyMonkey.
Picnic foods and drinks will remember their stomachs
If your staff loves to cook, Patlak Hall is a great and inexpensive way to get a range of pre-packaged meals ranging from gourmet to picnic table. Patlak guarantees that every participant has at least one meal they are sure they will like. However, many employees, especially those who work from home, enjoy a meal event where they can simply show up and leave. Whether you’re catering or patrolling, include personalized to-go containers so people can take a little extra home for roommates, family members or a midnight snack.
Let’s start the game!
When it comes to games, introverts can see, outsiders can express, but everyone can enjoy a good company picnic game or competition. Here are some slam-dunk favorites for the company’s picnic activities and concepts:
- Pinata: Everyone enjoys hitting that thing! Fill it with logo lollipops, healthy snacks and customized party-colored pens. Revelers hit the jackpot when everyone wins.
- Badminton: Uniquely portable and perfect for a park or beach, badminton sets offer friendly competition and a game that everyone can play.
- Cornhole Toss: This popular picnic game focuses on throwing a bean bag in a hole, it is cheap and fun for both quarterback and bench warmer type players. Chances are one or more members of your team already own a bean bag toss or cornhole toss game and can bring it to the picnic.
- Water Balloon Toss: This game is an easy way for team members from different departments to share together. Create two lines of employees facing each other, separated by one step. Give each player a water balloon to one side. When you say “toss”, each employee throws a water balloon at their partner. When the balloon broke, the two were out. Each time the balloon is thrown and the pass is completed, the pair moves one step away. The winning pair receives a prize. We offer a gift card at a water park. Honorable mention for every contestant? We would definitely recommend a personalized water bottle!
Should festivals be near the office or far, far away on a piece of land?
Key variables to consider when choosing a spot for your memory creation event:
- No Brainer or New Adventure: If you maintain an office where employees commute, an event near the office is a simple yet less exciting destination. If your company’s picnic is on the weekend, it’s easy for your group to find a way to a new area or a park or waterfront in a more remote location.
- Free, closed parking: When it comes to a great event for all participants, adequate parking close to the goal is a big bonus. With the set up you will have an easy time and most importantly, your staff will start the event without a road rage and finish it without a parking ticket. If parking is going to put your employees in a pinch, encourage Uber and reimburse the cost.
- Picnic table: Set up near the picnic table and encourage staff to bring chairs and blankets. Better yet, provide your team with branded folding chairs and personalized picnic blankets, and make sure everyone has a proverbial seat at the proverbial table.
- Customized tent For food: Set up a tent to mark your area and help staff find you. Employees love to see their company name point out for their fun and food. In addition, a tent provides protection from inclement weather and party interlopers. No, this incident and this devil’s egg are not open to the public!
- Shade and / or SPF ready: Show your care by setting up your picnic in a partially sunny, partially shaded area, and think about everything. Distribute personalized SPF or a customized ball cap to your guests so that no guest goes home in too much sun.
- Restrooms within walking distance: Make it easy for your staff to sit around and stay for a while by setting up near a public restroom. If children are included in the invitation, look for a location with a nearby playground.
Bird chirping, music blasting, or both?
Everyone chooses some music to start the party and keep the light in the air, and the staff will quickly become attached to the taste of similar musical instruments. From DJ Gillespie to Lana del Rey choose a wide range of melodies for your team’s breadth and background. Bring a Bluetooth speaker and a multi-genre, multi-generation playlist. Encourage staff to participate in a tune selection with a customized Bluetooth speaker for each of them by sharing a few tunes of their choice for those who take turns playing DJs at Picnic.
Wondering if they will love? Ask!
When it comes to your company’s picnic, the customer is the employee and the goal is to make everyone feel great about their work, their coworkers, and your company’s culture. The spotlight is on your great staff and your team will appreciate asking where, what and when. Some things to ask through an email poll or an online survey:
- Family or just employees
- Food choices with Patlak, catered, dietary desires and needs
- Date and time
Souvenirs for each team member
The best company picnic ideas? Gifts for every guest! Everyone deserves a goodie bag বা or heck, maybe a goodie backpack for your company picnic! Make sure each employee leaves with a smile and a branded Kipsack that allows them to remember the event and show their employer around town. Choose an item that celebrates summer and socializes, such as this Engraved 11 oz. Stainless Steel Gia Wine Glass, Classic Customized Malibu Sunglasses or Summer Cool Bag.
Suggestion: For more gift ideas, browse our full collection of promotional picnic gifts.
How to be a good guest
Here are some tips to make sure you get the most out of the event if you join a company picnic:
- Read Room (s, Park): Don’t bring jello shots unless your coworkers are drunk. That’s enough!
- Get ready: Wear sunblock and change a towel and cloth if there is water.
- Be grateful: A company picnic is designed to make you feel valued! And just like an amazing birthday party that you didn’t really want, it’s sometimes more about being kind than spending time in your life. Your employer appreciates you, so show them that they care. Talk to a team member you don’t know. Thanks to your host. Enjoy free meals and free!
Best company picnic activities and ideas? Give them a reason to show up!
When you ask your team what works for them, including asking for their input on space, time and food, they get involved with the event and know it’s about them. Ask a small group which freebies will go well, so you can keep the surprise element and still nail it to the head. Have fun connecting with those who make your small business round!